Anything worth doing is worth doing well. Never stop learning.
to Soft Wear
Whether tackling a software integration problem, a brand’s message, or a business growth strategy, simplicity has been the key to all my successes. We often forget the power of simplicity, yet we know all too well how hard it can be to achieve.
You can be confident that when we work together, we will uncover the unnecessary complexities, strip them away, and leave you with the polished product, service, or brand that you desire.
Brand identity, design, strategy consulting, web design, and development
I have spent the past several years following my passions and applying all of my design, tech, and marketing skills to projects that bring smiles to people’s faces. I’ve designed websites, built an apartment from the studs up, and hosted one of the best amateur pickleball tournaments in the country.
- Brought together individual pickleball groups from around Lake Tahoe to form the Tahoe Pickleball Club
- Designed, built, and wrote all content for TahoePickleball.com
- Hosted the first-ever Tahoe Peak Pickleball annual tournament at Northstar in 2019; highlights include more than $10K raised for local court building efforts, beautifully designed apparel that people still ask for a year later, and an NPS score of 81 (unbelievable, I know) for my very first tournament
- Consulted with the AAU Pickleball Executive Director on building a new platform for the nation’s pickleball community
- Developed multiple websites and identities for businesses and nonprofits alike, including TahoePickleball.com, MyMotivationHypnosis.com, and PickleballYogi
Patient Advisory Council
Patient experience, brand identity and UX consulting
As a passionate champion of the patient experience, I joined Kaiser’s Primary Care Patient Advisory panel in 2017 and the senior leadership board in 2018. It didn’t take long for my marketing and tech skills to make an impact on multiple initiatives.
- Worked with the administration and consulting teams to improve patient wayfinding
- Created a brand identity for KP’s new integrated clerkship program
- Consulted with the Flu Clinic Lead Physician to improve the physical layout and movement of the annual patient Flu Clinic
Messaging development, partner marketing design consulting, brand guidelines development and enforcement
Actively managed a $1B collection of brands. Responsibilities included positioning and messaging of new products, identifying how products fit within the brand portfolio, ensuring the consistent execution of creative to build equity in the master brand, and collaborating with partners to deliver on the Dolby brand promise
- Developed and launched brand for new Dolby Atmos Music product, introducing Dolby to a new target audience
- Managed and analyzed primary consumer research collection and analysis for the Dolby Atmos Residency in London
- Led brand positioning and messaging development for $800M audio brand
- Created and managed consumer positioning and messaging frameworks to support licensed technology products
- Provided creative art direction on digital and print advertising for cinema content and products
- Developed user interface (UI) guidelines that help partners implement Dolby brands within their products
- Led development of internal and external brand guidelines to guide partner marketing activations
- Created product-ready brand assets including logos and usage guidelines
• Developed complete brand platform for new product launch, including positioning and messaging in a new category
- Promoted from Graduate Marketing Intern to Associate Brand Manager after successful completion of summer internship
Customer experience improvement
- Implemented customer satisfaction metric and identified performance baselines. Financial impact of current performance estimated at $10M-$40M per year. Recommendation added to three-year strategic plan.
- Built $2M awareness campaign, which included TV, radio, and digital media
- Led a team of three undergraduate interns to develop an international customer retention plan. Team’s recommendation led to reallocation of $400K into new customer acquisition strategies.
- Coordinated and executed a rebranding campaign that delivered highest valued customer attendance
Operations and Sales
Market development, inventory management, operations management
Opportunity exposed me to a truly entrepreneurial environment, where flexibility and the ability to execute on ideas are an absolute must. Managed operations and sales. And if you want to talk about getting dirty, then get ready for some really interesting stories.
• Grew yearly revenue 50% year over year.
• Tripled Portland market’s projected revenue to $300,000/year, bringing the market into the black.
Next Wave Logistics
Engineering and Management
Software system architecture, client management, team lead
Next Wave is a software service company for direct marketing companies, including Pampered Chef, Stella & Dot, and PartyLite. As a Technical Client Lead, I was able to completely turn around some of the most challenging clients and greatly expand Next Wave’s future profit potential with them. Responsibilities included managing an international team of cross-functional professionals to implement short-term and long-term projects.
• Promoted twice, from Senior Software Engineer to Technical Client Lead and Core Software Services Engineer
• Led e-commerce integration across U.S. and Canada, delivering $1M incremental sales in first three months
• Rescued utility that replicated client data for e-commerce catalog creation across seasons and locales. New replication software resulted in scalable product that was packaged and resold to new and existing clients.
Software Engineering and Systems Integration
Software system design, development and testing, software architecture, UX design, consulting
I served as an implementation expert for open-source J2EE web-development frameworks (Struts and Spring). My experience includes engagements in insurance, government, and advertising. I often served as a mentor and educator to clients’ in-house teams.
• Engineered global content migration software. System automated data translation and improved processing time by 1,600%.
• Created innovative migration strategy, which software vendor had believed to be impossible. Resulting solution eliminated need for significant, large, and ongoing data entry support, i.e., future cost avoidance.
• Led team in delivering an experimental patient dashboard for a healthcare IT company. Was able to cut deliverable timeline by 70%.
Tools, Programs, Languages
Creative & Design
Sketchup, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Premiere
PowerPoint and Keynote
Excel, Word, Docs, and Sheets
Languages & Frameworks
Impact Driver, Circular Saw, Finish Nailer, Hammer, and Wrench
I've Worked With
University of Wisconsin
- Brand and Product Management specialization
- Merit scholarship
- Marketing teaching assistant
- Nonprofit board management training
University of Illinois
Urbana - Champaign
B.S. Computer Science
- Chaired Engineering Career Fair
- Graduated cumma sum laude
- Engineering Honor Society
National Outdoor Leadership School
Wilderness First Responder
- Expedition Leadership - winter, white water, and anyoneering
- Managed a spectrum of talents and personalities